Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Epic Music Series-Love Songs (General)

I am purely addicted to love songs. Like, seriously. I find them all over and add them to my iPod like crazy. Pop, country, soft pop, rock, show tunes, instrumentals, etc. I can never get enough. So here are some love songs you may have never listened to, or given a second thought to. (Excuse my grammar.) Tally-ho, off we go.


1-Far Longer Than Forever (The Swan Princess)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQTFm2WmAus

Not a Disney movie, not as famous as Tangled, but this song is still beautiful, for those who judge. I love the lyrics. This song has nearly brought me to tears.


Music or Lyrics-Lyrics, but the music comes close.


iTunes availability-Avaliable, fo sho!


2-Because You Loved Me (Up Close and Personal)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CkKuA86Mis

This is another one of those songs that I have a not-so-secret wish to sing onstage someday. I love Celine Dion, I love the music, I love the lyrics, I love the whole thing. (And pleased that I can reach every note she hits in this arrangement. ( :D )


Music or Lyrics-Lyrics, but with the music, they make an absolutely magical combo.


iTunes availability-Available :)


3-My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZehdyawD9A&feature=related

You knew it was coming :) Titanic is my favorite movie, and this song is absolutely enchanting. I also want to sing this onstage for an audience someday. 


Music or Lyrics-Music. But I am quite partial to the second chorus more than the first.


iTunes availability-Available. NOTE-There are several different versions of this song on iTunes. The soundtrack version is longer and has a beautiful instrumental near the ending, but isn't as powerful as the version Celine Dion recorded for a different album. On top of it all, there's a new dialogue mix from the album Back to Titanic, which incorporates lines from the movie during the instrumental breaks. Make a careful choice, or if you're a big Titanic fan, buy all , like I did :)


4-Somewhere Out There (An American Tail)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkI-B2JWSZI&feature=related

This song is so sweet. With its poetic lyrics and soft pop piano, it's enough to make anyone wonder why people don't write this kind of song anymore.


Music or Lyrics-Um. Both. Please don't make me have to pick.


iTunes availability-Available. I have the version by Knightsbridge.


5-You Raise Me Up (Contemporary Christian?)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYz4_-wp0I

My friend Sarah and I performed this at a talent show and had the judges on their feet :) It's such a beautiful song.


Music or Lyrics-Both. Don't make me pick.


iTunes availability-Available. I have the version by Celtic Woman, which is the link I posted.


6-The Rose (The Rose)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogU40xk5Prk

This is an unusual song that doesn't reach very far on the scale, with poetic lyrics and a simple tune. 


Music or Lyrics-Lyrics.


iTunes avaliability-Available. The link I posted is by Bianca Ryan (winner of America's Got Talent 2006) and is the one I have.


That's all for now, folks...this might be edited later, should I have more songs I want to include. I said "General" at the top because there are so many categories of love songs-Disney, Pop, etc. Come on back now...


~Actresschick <3

No comments:

Post a Comment