Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving thanks.

 Getting in the spirit of Thanksgiving, it seems appropriate for me to write about what I'm thankful for. That's what's on people's minds right now, and it's what's now on mine, so tally-ho, off we go.


I am thankful for God. If he hadn't sent Jesus to die for each and every person on earth, we would be in deep trouble, to make an understatement. There would be no hope. With Him, we have a choice. 


I'm thankful for my family, Doug, Lori, Sarah, Abby, Keziah, and David Krull. They make life interesting and have been fantastic to me for as long as I've been alive.


I'm thankful for my congregation as well. They're pretty much like my family, and technically ARE, being brothers and sisters in Christ.


I'm thankful for ALL my friends. They make life a total blast. I love them all.


I'm thankful for my cats, Aragorn, Mithrandir, and Cassandra. They're cuddly beasts. 


I'm thankful for music. I couldn't live without it. Just right here, let me give a mental high-five to Lady GaGa, Big Time Rush, Ke$ha, Colbie Caillat, Taylor Swift, 78violet, Michael Buble, James Horner, Justin Bieber, Ashley Tisdale, and Broadway casts and brilliant musical writers for making an escape from life.


I'm thankful for food. Ah, food. I eat all day. 


This also makes me thankful for long walks to work off calories. -_-


I'm thankful for musical theatre. Watch for me on Broadway, theatre is my life.


I'm thankful for a certain friend of mine, and probably he'll know it's him if he reads this. I've confided my deep, dark secrets to him, acted like myself around him, and he knows what an idiot I am. And he still remains my faithful friend. He's one in a million.


I'm thankful for good weather.


I'm thankful for my awesome relatives.


I'm thankful for education, even if it doesn't look like it. :)


I'm thankful that my family has a good income, so we live a pretty good life.


I'm thankful for open fields.


I'm thankful for giggles.


I'm thankful for snowy evenings.


I'm thankful for the color yellow.


I'm thankful for candles.


I'm thankful for dancing for no reason.


I'm thankful for steamy summer afternoons.


I'm thankful for private jokes.


I'm thankful for clean notebooks and sharp pencils, just waiting to be put together.


I'm thankful for the piano.


I'm thankful for the way toddlers talk.


I'm thankful for sleep.


I'm thankful for memories.


I'm thankful for the senses.


I'm thankful for the sound and feel of falling snow.


I'm thankful for spring flowers.


And hey, guess what?


I'm thankful for Thanksgiving.


Weird, huh? :)


Happy Thanksgiving all!

1 comment: