Monday, August 9, 2010

In celebration of random quotes.

 My family loves quotes. Books, movies, things we've made up ourselves. When Dad says something clever, our reaction is, "And where was that one from?" Sarah says, "Am I right? What do you think?" and I follow in with my awesome and totally lame accent, "I think YOU look like Captain Crunch." (High-five to the person who remembers what this is from.) I admit it, it's really fun. I don't even know how many times we do it during a day. Sarah and I have Quote Wars. I can look at Abby, start singing "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow-and she'll follow in on an arrangement I made meself. We're just awesome like that. And, in this family, there have been things we wrote ourselves. So, in celebration of random quotes...

Dad-"This girl hits."

Mom-"Kill me now!"

"Oh, help me."

"Oh, PLEASE!"

Sarah-"I don't care." (Usually said to me after I criticize her....sigh.)

Me-"This is WAY more fun than it should be."

"I know I know!"

Abby-"You idiot boy!"

So there you are. My family does have quotes they say over and over.....but mostly, we use quotes from movies, musicals, books, and the like. Ever wondered why I can learn all my lines in a week?

I practice daily with remembering quotes.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow......."

No comments:

Post a Comment